maandag 6 oktober 2014

I love that smell

Walking into my bedroom this morning I noticed a very fine smell. One I love, adore, makes my heart flutter. But you know what, I couldn't bring it home...isn't that silly?
It has been al long while since I smelled that smell daily. I used to be drenched in it sort of. From a very young age. Cause I had a dad who saw my craving for art, and spiolled me with crayons and paint and paper. At my birthday of course, but also with Sinterklaas. You probably call him Santa Claus and he comes at your house at Christmas...that is after he has done his work in the Low Lands ;)
My dad was born on the second day of Christmas so he got all the presents, but we did have a big party all day long. He was the one who pursued me to keep on following my dreams. So he kept giving me all the arty stuf and kept praising my work. And in between my birthday and Sinterklaas  I bougt ever so much of my pocketmoney. The smell was one that was around me 24/7. You know....crayons smell ever so nice...and paint; gouache and aquarell...mmmhmhmhmmmm I love that smell.
Well now you would think It smells like that when I open up my little portable artstudio...but alas, that is not the case. I started painting with acryl and the smell of that ain't that nice. It sometimes is downright irritating for the lungs. So I painted less and less and less and less.....made smaller and smaller pieces of art.
I had no real place of my own till recently!!!!!!!
I am so gratefull for my daughter who gave up her big bedroom so I could make a studio.
And even though I have not finished it yet and opened up the crayontin in my bedroom, the smell promises al lot of inspiration in my studio. It realy smells so nice.
I can see myself sitting at the big table or standing behind my easel, making al sorts of artworks and smell this scent. There should be a parfume of it! Would that be a great idea!....Artists Perfume...to keep the flow going even when you are not in your studio.
Well a pair of crayons in your bag will do the same and it's even more convenient. That way you can hit the flow on paper at the same time.
O gosh,I am desperatly in need of a fabric case to put my crayons in!
And I can't wait till Sinterklaas.
~

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten